“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
What You Learn
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
To enroll in the PADI Rescue Diver course, you must:
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years – Ask your instructor about Emergency First Response (CPR and first aid) courses.
Rescue Diver certification: $349
The cost of this course does not include rental of scuba equipment.
You must fill in the following form for this course:
Take this course online
If you’re looking for a flexible way to fit a scuba certification into your busy schedule or if you just prefer web-based learning, then PADI’s online eLearning is the way to go. You can get started immediately with scuba knowledge development and work at your own pace.
Click here to view the PADI Rescue Diver course web site.