Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
Often we complete the entire course in one weekend!
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- Night diving
- Two more adventure dives of your choice
The most common optional adventure dives are: Wreck, Drift and Search and Recovery.
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and Recreational Dive Planner
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
Take this course online
If you’re looking for a flexible way to fit a scuba certification into your busy schedule or if you just prefer web-based learning, then PADI’s online eLearning is the way to go. You can get started immediately with scuba knowledge development and work at your own pace.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- In good overall health
Advanced Open Water Diver certification: $249 plus tax
(this cost includes a full crew pack and certification with PADI)
Charter: $75 to $85 plus tax
Full Rental package: $75 plus tax
Students must also have their own light, knife, compass, surface marker buoy, and reel. Contact the shop for prices of these items.
FQAS certification is also available
You must fill in the following form for this course:
It is also a good idea to complete the following quick review:
Click here to view the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver web site.